The earliest known registrant for this car was a N L Bondus of Iowa in 1923. The car was purchase in 1947 by the then 14 year old Joseph J Cole, grandson of the Cole Motor Company founder. The Cole family was on their way to Colorado when the car was spotted in hay field being used to shield the hay mow from wind damage. On their return trip to Indianapolis, and after some minor repairs were undertaken, the car was driven home suffering many flat tires en route. Joe, his sisters Helen and their neighbor classmates used the car for transportation to Cathedral and St Agnes High Schools during the late 40’s.
Photos courtesy of SignificantCars.com